Types of Roofs
Selecting the Right Roof Replacement Material
Whether you have a commercial or residential roofing system, selecting the right material is very important if you’re planning on roof replacement or building a new home or commercial space from scratch. It’s even more important to find the right contractor. Many roofing companies will install the cheapest materials to maximize their profits. When you work with Profile Roofing, it’s our company promise that we will never cut corners. We’ll listen to your needs and guide you to the material options that offer the best longevity and quality to ensure that your home or business is protected for years to come.
- Asphalt shingles: Standard asphalt shingles are designed to last around 20 years, depending on their quality. Because of their affordability and ease of installation, asphalt shingles remain the top residential roofing system in the U.S.
- Metal: Metal has long been associated with commercial buildings but is gaining traction for residential use. With its long lifespan and minimal maintenance requirements, metal is a high-quality choice.
- Composite shingles: Composite or synthetic shingles are made of a mix of roofing materials like asphalt and fiberglass. Extremely fire- and moisture-resistant, they typically come with a 30- to 50-year warranty.
- Designer shingles: These shingles are made of two layers of shingles that have been fused into one to create a three-dimensional look. They can mimic the look of other materials, including slate and cedar shakes.
- TPO: Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) is a type of single-ply membrane used on flat roofing systems. This material has a naturally reflective surface and can last up to 30 years.
- EPDM: Ethylene propylene diene terpolymer (EPDM) is another type of single-ply membrane roofing system. EPDM sheeting is known for its water resistance and energy efficiency.
We Can Answer Your Questions Today
Don’t try to find the right material for your next new construction or roof replacement project on your own. Profile Roofing will gladly walk you through your options during our initial free consultation. Call us at (801) 628-1442 or fill out our online form to get started.